Good essay topics and ideas
At least one time in life each of us had to start writing essays. This could be a task in high school, GED, GRE, an essay that was attached to the university application, or other works which should have been written during long years of study. That’s why we believe that every student knows that the most difficult part of this task is choosing one of the thousands of possible interesting essay topics.
Choosing a topic is a crucial issue that partly estimates the final success of the work. It happens that all students have to write an essay on the topic, chosen by the tutor. But sometimes, a teacher gives his students the freedom of choice and offers to write an essay on any subject that they want.
This is where all the traps and the biggest challenge! Very often it becomes difficult to choose one topic either because of the many ideas in the student’s head or because of their complete absence. But, sooner or later everyone has to make a decision and better if it will be done sooner. Do not waste much time choosing a topic, otherwise, you will have a lack of time for writing an essay itself.
Popular Types of Essays
- Argumentative essay
- Argument Essay Topics
- Cause and Effect essay
- Common App Essay
- Compare and Contrast essay
- Controversial Essay
- Definition Essay
- Descriptive Essay
- Evaluation Essay
- Exploratory Essay
- Expository Essay
- Exemplification Essay
- Informative Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Personal Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Problem Solution Essay
- Process Analysis Essay
- Process Essay
- Proposal Essay
- Reflective Essay
- Satire Essay
- Romeo & Juliet Essay
- Help me write my essay
- Deforestation Definition
- Classification Essay
- Good Research Essay
- College Essay
- Gre Essay
And here are some tips, helping you to do it quickly and efficiently.
- Freedom of choice is the ability to choose a topic that you are well versed in. This is your chance to get a good grade, and you should not miss this chance. So, do not even think about writing an essay on the topic that you have no idea about. Take a moment and use the opportunity to choose the topic you really like.
- The process of choosing the topics should not take you much time. It does not matter how to choose, the main thing is to choose quickly, even with elimination approach. Immediately exclude topics you cannot write about because you will not be able to fully reveal the question.
- Write an approximate plan of your essay, and if you meet some difficulties, you can make some changes in the topic. It is possible since you have the right to choose or change the subject any time.
- Your topic must comply with the subject matter and reveal the interesting question, maybe even several questions. The interesting theme will allow attracting maximum attention among the public, and especially in the one who checks your essay. You can even make some certain mistakes, but interesting contents of your work and the presence of your personal opinion on the problem will save your mark.
- The structure of the work should not be changed. Despite the free theme, it is the same work, like any other essay, which means no more freedom there. Your essay must be informative and must meet right algorithm that includes an introduction, conclusion, etc.
- Be enthusiastic while writing your essay. Do not hesitate to express your ideas. You can easily do it because you’ve chosen the theme by yourself. This will guarantee you a good mark.
Categories, essay topics may be divided into. Every work certainly has its own style. Thanks to the right choice of presentation style and a clear understanding of the goals you want to achieve in your essay, there are several categories essay themes may be divided into.
This classification includes following essay topic divisions: descriptive, informative, persuasive, exploratory, cause and effect, compare and much more. Each of categories, mentioned above, must include a number of features like a synthesis, development and presentation of the author’s thoughts. The course of the narration and the author’s goal also change. For example:
- An argumentative essay main goal is to convince the reader of the authenticity of all the facts and the correctness of the author’s personal opinion about the problem rose in the work. In most cases, the titles of such works are interrogative, and the task of the writer is finding enough arguments in favor of his answer to this question.
- Contents of persuasive essay topics originally give writer possibility to clearly understand that he/she would have to actively convince the reader and try to sway readers on his side.
- Satire in essays may be expressed in its topic, which at the same time can show that mostly non-serious themes will be spoken about in the text.
We could go on giving hundreds of examples and name dozens of categories, but, won’t it be easier for you to decide on your own what to write your next essay about? We are happy to assist you in making a solution, and offer you a long list of good and interesting topics and ideas for easy writing of your masterpiece works!
On our site you will find much more useful unique information that is sure to be useful for junior and high school kids from, like common home task essay about Hamlet, as well as, for example, application essays for college for future students.